Sunday, July 13, 2008

Hawaii

Jared and I celebrated our 10th anniversary a little early this year since we'll have a 1 month old baby in December for our real anniversary. The stars aligned for our trip to Hawaii; we got bumped to first class for our flight from San Francisco to Honolulu because the flight was full and then upgraded to a convertible for only $10 more a day. It was pretty nice.

Here's Jared in the fancy car:


The view from our hotel in Waikiki (notice the dog surfing):


On the ferry to the Atlantis submarine (it was fun, but Jared saw more when snorkeling):


And, of course, the fire eater at the Polynesian Cultural Center:


We had a great time. A million thanks to Mom for watching the kids for the week. I'm sure it was tiring, especially since Jacob accidentally slammed the door on her toe the first day and she was in a walking cast the whole week. Yet, the house was still cleaner when we got home than when we left. Amazing, Mom. Thank you, thank you.

3 comments:

moranews said...

Karen, congrats on 10 years! We got married within a week or so of each other...remember? I'm still trying to pick places to go for our 10th. We don't have a week, probably like 5 days, so we need to stay close. You look like you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome! Happy 10 yrs soon!!

Taylor Swim said...

I think we all got married at the same time because our 10th is creeping up this next month too. I'm so jealous that you got to go to Hawaii! Fun!!!

By the way, I haven't looked at your page in a while because I got a new template and it erased all of my addresses. It's taken me a while, but I've finally gotten all of them back. I noticed that you posted a list of things for me-- thank you. I loved your tortilla suggestion and I've been searching for them. We don't have Costco so I'll have to search a little more. Thanks Karen!