Saturday, October 6, 2007

Karen's Family update for October

We haven't had the newsletter up and running for such a long time that I'm not sure where to start. School is in full swing and the kids are happy about that for the most part. Laurel and Ben love school as always. I've experimented with letting them make their own lunches for school and it has worked out surprisingly well. They just need a little supervision so we don't have lunch boxes full of fruit snacks and crackers.
Megan has had a little trouble warming up to preschool because she's the only girl in her class. Luckily, she saves the drama for me in the morning and is quite happy by the time I come to pick her up at lunch time. And it's been nice to have some time to go to the library with Jacob. And to go grocery shopping without four kids in tow. I am enjoying the quiet, but I still miss them when they're all gone. I think it makes me realize how quickly they are growing up, which I don't really like to think about.
We have also been busy getting ready to move in a couple of weeks. It is a short move, but requires lots of packing and organizing nonetheless. It has been nice to go through everything and throw things away, though.
Since this is the first time I've blogged, I'm going to try put some pictures in from this summer. Just to make it more interesting. Remember this is the EAGAR family blog, not just the Meeker family blog, so please post some stuff!
The kids at Yellowstone in June:


Here's one that Laurel took (not bad):



And one that Ben took of Laurel taking a picture:

Sadly, most of his pictures were deleted every time he dropped his (inexpensive) camera and the batteries fell out... poor Ben.


And here are the kids when we went to the IS department camp out in August:


Megan with one of her famous picture poses:
Jacob hiding in the grass with part of the camp stove:
And Laurel playing with a glow stick (with a coworker's daughter looking on):
I guess Ben was having too much fun to sit still for the camera...
That's all for the Meekers, please send your posts so I have something to look at too!

1 comment:

Taylor Swim said...

Karen
Megan looks just like her mommy! What a great family. It looks like we both ended up with pretty similar lives. I just love seeing your cute family. Keep the pictures coming...