Sunday, June 8, 2008

Phoebe's Big Day!

So, with Phoebe officially 8 years old and all of the grandparents in town, Phoebe was baptized on May 31st. Her cousin Ricky from Greg's side of the family was baptized the same day.
Yes, I did make her dress (Greg's mom did the silk flower embroidery). After a few late nights, I kept asking myself "Why am I doing this?" and the only answers I could come up with were "Because I wanted to" and "Phoebe will only fit into a size 6 for so long". But it turned out beautifully and Phoebe loved it. As she put it "I like it because it is so soft. (Unlike her Christmas dress that itched) You should make all my dresses out of this." Yes, every little girl should have an entire wardrobe of 100% silk dresses.
We loved having Dad and Mom and Uncle Thomas here for the baptism. It is always so fun to see them. We just wish we lived a little closer so it could happen more often!
Check out Phoebe and Cader's smiles--Phoebe is trying not to show us her missing front teeth. I'm not sure what Cader is doing.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Congratulations to Phoebe! Her dress turned out very nicely. I was up a lot making Laurel's dress, too. I think staying up late to finish things is the only way I know how to do it...

pame said...

Phoebe's baptism was a wonderful occasion! Phoebe was quite happy. We really enjoyed being there for the big event. The dress Bekah made was gorgeous - the photos don't do it justice. I wish I had a dress like that!